Are you a fundraiser?
We are a leading online peer-to-peer fundraising portal used by hundreds of charities. Use Givematcher to raise money
for Australian charities by starting a fundraiser. Whether you are competing in a fun-run or another organised event or even something you are just doing yourself, you can set up your own personalised fundraising page, select the charity you wish to support and have your friends donate to you online. They will receive a tax receipt by email instantaneously. You can even have other people join your fundraising team and they can raise money from their friends.
We are an Australian Not-For-Profit ourselves, backed by philanthropists who are committed to online fundraising being free. We charge no annual fees. We charge rock-bottom commission: as low as 0% for small / medium charities (plus the credit card fee). Our aim is to help charities raise more funds while saving $ Millions in online fundraising costs.
Did you know?
For many years, Australian charities have unjustly been paying many millions of dollars in high annual fees and hefty commission to For-Profit fundraising portals. Online fundraising has become huge business for For-Profit fundraising portals, which is why in 2011 a gigantic US listed company called Blackbaud, currently worth close to A$3 Billion, bought Australia’s largest fundraising portal Everyday Hero. Furthermore, For-Profit fundraising portals have eagerly been locking in charities and their fundraising supporters by signing exclusive deals with event organisers. This is really no good for our selfless charities, which have had their hand forced to subscribe to multiple fundraising portals and to pay their high commission and annual fees.
We’re an Australian Not-For-Profit and together we can change this.
Fundraise freely, in every event
Have you noticed that large events (fun-runs, marathons, triathlons, etc.) usually try to direct you to a specific fundraising portal? This is typically a telltale sign that they have signed an exclusive deal with this particular portal (and that this fundraising portal is expensive and For-Profit). Before setting up your fundraiser check the fundraising portal’s annual fees and commission (it’s not a good sign if you can’t find this easily). You will usually find that they charge high annual fees, and hefty commission, plus credit card fees, in which case you might consider using a low-cost fundraising portal instead to avoid wasting money on the portal itself.
As you know, anyone is completely free to fundraise on any portal and switching is very easy. Even if you have started a fundraiser on an expensive For-Profit portal, it’s quick to start a fundraising page on Givematcher and simple to complete your fundraiser here. Just put a comment on your fundraiser on how much you have already raised on another portal.
Some reasons to choose us
- We charge charities no annual fee.
- Charities that make us their preferred platform benefit from our rock-bottom commission rates: 0% for small to medium charities and 3.4% for large charities (plus credit card fee).
- We ensure that so much more of your hard-earned fundraising dollars get to your charity - as a point of comparison, Australia’s largest peer-to-peer fundraising portal charges annual fees of $400+GST and commission of 6.5%+GST plus credit card fees (accurate as at 31 March 2015).
By using us you are helping an Australian Not-For-Profit (us) fulfill our mission to take out Millions of dollars in charity costs.
Help us help charity
We’re doing our best to make a big difference and we really appreciate the help you can give us to help Australian charities. Some ways you can help us:
- Always fundraise on Givematcher - especially if we are not the “official” event fundraising portal!
- Spread the word about Givematcher to anyone who participates in events
- Share / Post your Donations on Facebook to help the charity and to help spread the word about what we’re doing
- Like / Share our Facebook Page
- "I'm with Givematcher": Talk about us on Facebook / Twitter / in person / everywhere!
If the charity you support is not already on Givematcher, then let us know so we can add them to the fast-increasing list of charities using us and saving lots of money!
Thanks for making a huge difference to us and to Australian charities!
We salute your motivation to help your chosen cause and we look forward to helping you achieve your goals.
We wish you the best of luck!